- For more than 100 years, ASME standards and related product certifications have formed an interlocking system based on: Safety Standards: A set of requirements developed by volunteer technical experts using an open and transparent consensus process.
- ASME National Board R and vessel certification data stamp plate supply with no minimum order requirements or set up fees. Gold Medal Productions supplies ASME Certified data plate for ASME U Stamp, and National Board R Stamp and NB Mark plates.
'R' Stamp required or not?
'R' Stamp required or not?
R” Stamp repair is a welding repair or alteration done under ASME code according to geographical locations, insurance requirements, and State Law. Since 1911, ASME has written code standards for boilers and pressure vessels. These code requirements are for the purpose of ensuring public safety and the highest standards of construction as it.
Obtain or renew your ASME certificate(s) online using our web application system.
Any one can design and fabricate as per ASME sec 8 or other sections. However if you want ASME to permit you to use the U stamp or R stamp you have to pay fees get an audit and survey and approval of your facilities, design & QA manuals and procedures by ASME or an ASME Approved Inspection Audit Body. ASME’s Conformity Assessment program is the leading, universally recognized, independent Quality Assurance (QA) program that certifies that manufacturing, power generation, stamped products and parts fulfill the requirements of relevant ASME codes and standards.
Asme R Stamp Holders
In preparation for obtaining ASME accreditation/certification, it is recommended that applicants review all of the information related to their program including the applicable forms, checklists, and associated fees. This will ensure that applicants have a thorough understanding of the accreditation/certification program prior to submitting an application. Things to do prior to submitting an application:
- Review relevant information about the desired certification program on ASME's website
- Decide on scope of work that will be certified by ASME
- Obtain required standards
- Enter into an agreement with an Authorized Inspection Agency (AIA) if required by the applicable standard
- Prepare the quality manual, a written description of the quality program
- Indoctrinate and train personnel to implement the quality program
Organizations seeking ASME accreditation/certification are required to submit the proper application forms and fees prior to receiving a review/survey date.
- New applicants will need to create a CA Connect account. For more information on this process, please see the CA Connect User Guide.
- Existing account holders should first ensure that the primary contact for the account is correct. To change the primary contact for your company, please reference How to Change Primary Contact Information. For more information about the process for existing account holders, please see the CA Connect User Guide.
- Complete the relevant application.
- Submit a signed Accreditation and Certification Agreement Form.
- Remit associated fees, refer to the Price Guide for more information.
Please note: For all inquiries pertaining to the R, VR, NR, and NB certificates, please contact The National Board of Boiler and Pressure Vessel Inspectors at [email protected], or 1-614-888-8320.
The purpose of the review/survey is to evaluate the applicant's quality manual and the implementation of the quality program. The extent of the review/survey will be determined by ASME based on a review of the applicant's intended scope of activities as described in the application.
This assessment ensures that the applicant's quality program has been adequately implemented and that it complies with the requirements in the associated ASME standard. When the assessment has been completed, the review/survey team leader will submit a written report to ASME.
A certificate will be granted by ASME only after the applicant successfully demonstrates the implementation of their quality program to the ASME review/survey team. After ASME reviews the report submitted by the review/survey team, the Society will either authorize the issuance of the certificate or request additional action by the applicant. Certificate holders may request changes to their certificate(s) after issuance.
Certification Process Timeline
Learn more about the timing of events in the Certification Process.
Start an application or check your application status online using CA Connect.
Frequently Asked Questions
Find answers to your questions.
Locate ASME Certified Companies
Search for a certified company.
Obtain copies of forms.