• To understand the basic difference between incompressible and compressible flow.
•To understand the phenomenon of shock waves and its effect on flow. To gain some basic knowledge about jet propulsion and Rocket Propulsion.
(Use of Standard Gas Tables permitted)
UNIT I BASIC CONCEPTS AND ISENTROPIC FLOWS 6
Energy and momentum equations of compressible fluid flows – Stagnation states, Mach waves and Mach cone – Effect of Mach number on compressibility – Isentropic flow through variable ducts – Nozzle and Diffusers
UNIT II FLOW THROUGH DUCTS 9
Flows through constant area ducts with heat transfer (Rayleigh flow) and Friction (Fanno flow) –
variation of flow properties.
UNIT III NORMAL AND OBLIQUE SHOCKS 10
Governing equations – Variation of flow parameters across the normal and oblique shocks – Prandtl – Meyer relations – Applications.
UNIT IV JET PROPULSION 10
Theory of jet propulsion – Thrust equation – Thrust power and propulsive efficiency – Operating principle, cycle analysis and use of stagnation state performance of ram jet, turbojet, turbofan and turbo prop engines.
UNIT V SPACE PROPULSION 10
Types of rocket engines – Propellants-feeding systems – Ignition and combustion – Theory of rocket propulsion – Performance study – Staging – Terminal and characteristic velocity – Applications – space flights.
TOTAL: 45 PERIODS
•Upon completion of this course, the students can able to successfully apply gas dynamics principles in the Jet and Space Propulsion
1. Anderson, J.D., 'Modern Compressible flow', 3rd Edition, McGraw Hill, 2003.
2. Yahya, S.M. 'Fundamentals of Compressible Flow', New Age International (P) Limited, New
1. Hill. P. and C. Peterson, 'Mechanics and Thermodynamics of Propulsion', Addison – Wesley
Publishing company, 1992.
2. Zucrow. N.J., 'Aircraft and Missile Propulsion', Vol.1 & II, John Wiley, 1975.
3. Zucrow. N.J., 'Principles of Jet Propulsion and Gas Turbines', John Wiley, New York, 1970.
4. Sutton. G.P., 'Rocket Propulsion Elements', John wiley, New York,1986,.
5. Shapiro. A.H.,' Dynamics and Thermodynamics of Compressible fluid Flow', John wiley, New
6. Ganesan. V., 'Gas Turbines', Tata McGraw Hill Publishing Co., New Delhi, 1999.
7. Somasundaram. PR.S.L., 'Gas Dynamics and Jet Propulsions', New Age International
8. Babu. V., 'Fundamentals of Gas Dynamics', ANE Books India, 2008.
9. Cohen. H., G.E.C. Rogers and Saravanamutto, 'Gas Turbine Theory', Longman Group Ltd.,
- Apr 4, 2018
- Reaction score
- Class lecture notes for third Year,sixth semester Gas Dynamics and Jet Propulsion (Subject Code: ME2351 ) is available here in PDF formats for you to download.(GDJP 2 mark,16 mark with answers,GDJP Part-A,Part-B question answers in Units 1,2,3,4 & 5 i.e., Basic Concepts And Isentropic Flows,flow Through Ducts,normal And Oblique Shocks,jet Propulsion,space Propulsion of ME2351 ) following Anna Univ. Regulation 2008 syllabus is linked in this page.
- Gas Dynamics and Jet Propulsion – ME8096 Anna University Notes, Question Papers & Syllabus has been published below. Students can make use of these study materials to prepare for all their exams – CLICK HERE to share with your classmates.MATERIAL FOR NOV/DEC 2020 EXAMS. SEMESTER NOTES/QB – ME8096.
Gas Dynamics And Jet Propulsion Nov,Dec2015, Nov,Dec2014, May2014 R2008,Gas Dynamics And Jet PropulsionR2008,2010,Gas Dynamics and Jet Propulsion Nov,Dec2013,Gas Dynamics And Jet Propulsion May2012,Gas Dynamics and Jet Propulsion Nov,Dec2012,Gas Dynamics and Jet Propulsion Ap,May2010,Gas Dynamics and Jet Propulsion May2006.As we all know, it is extremely important to be prepared with common questions in the subject – GAS DYNAMICS AND JET PROPULSION for college/university exams, interviews as well as in viva.
Thus, to quickly help you prepare for the mechanical Engineering subject GAS DYNAMICS AND JET PROPULSION, I am sharing a bank of questions that will guide you towards the important topics for this course. My advice would be to prepare for these questions and rest assured you will score very well in your engineering exams or interviews or viva.
List of key topics in GAS DYNAMICS AND JET PROPULSION Question Bank:
- Unit I – Basic concepts and Isentropic flows
- Unit II – Flow Through Ducts
- Unit-III Normal and oblique shocks
- Unit IV- Jet propulsion
- Unit V- Space propulsion
Jet Propulsion Laboratory JobsGAS DYNAMICS AND JET PROPULSION.
I hope you like them and get help in your exam/interview/viva preparation. Moreover, please feel free to ask any query below or LIKE this post to motivate me to share more study materials with all students!