Download the latest version from the link above. Extract the compressed file: for Mac OS X. Java SE Runtime Environment (8 or later) R for Mac OS X. Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.065-b14-4) Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.65-b04-465, mixed mode) If you’re not a fan of the command line, or would rather get the latest version of Java installed in OS X 10.9 directly from Oracle, that’s what we’ll cover next.
Java, a runtime environment that works 'behind the scenes' to let you use many Web sites, online services, and applications, is no longer built in with Macintosh operating systems. Apple's October 2012 software update removes the Java plugin from all Web browsers.
Java Runtime Environment Download Mac Os X 10.12
Following recent security vulnerabilities with Java, we recommend that Mac OS X users check their version of Java and keep it up-to-date. If Java is not installed, we recommend that you postpone installing it until absolutely necessary. If you currently have Java installed on your computer, but are not using it, we recommend disabling it. More...
Follow the instructions below to download and install the latest version of Java for Mac.
- Verify whether you have the current version of Java through the Java Web Site:
- If you do not have the current version of Java, go to the Download Java for Mac OS X page: http://www.java.com/en/download/mac_download.jsp?locale=en
- Review the End User Agreement, then click Agree and Start Free Download. The file will save to the Downloads folder of your computer.
- On your computer, locate and open (double-click) the Java for Mac installer (jre-7u9-macosx-x64.dmg). A Finder window will open and display the contents of the installer.
- Double-click the JavaForMacOSX10.7.pkg file and follow the wizard’s prompts to install the program on your computer.
Note: You may be asked to enter your computer’s administrator password as part of the installation process. This is not your UMass Amherst IT Account NetID or password, it is the password you use to log into your Mac. If you do not have administrator privileges for your computer, contact your IT administrator.
- A confirmation message will appear when the installation is complete. Click Close to exit the Java installer.
Java Runtime Environment Download Mac Os X 10.7
You should now be able to use Java-dependent web sites, applications, and resources on your computer and online. If you continue to have problems, contact the IT Help Center.