- Mac Os X 10.7 Lion Virtualbox Image Download
- Mac Os X Lion Virtualbox Image Download Virtualbox
- Free Mac Os For Virtualbox
- Mac Os X Mountain Lion Virtualbox Image Download
Which would seem to explicitly permit running Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion) non-server version as a guest under VirtualBox provided the VirtualBox host is also running Mac OS X. Attempts to boot the 10.7 installer under VirtualBox 4.1.0 running on a Mac OS X system that is supported by Lion results in a.
- Global Nav Open Menu Global Nav Close Menu; Apple; Shopping Bag +.
- How to install Mac OS X Lion on Virtualbox: Download ISO torrent (New link): Virtual Box: http://sh.st/vjkX.
- How to install Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10 on VirtualBox on Windows; Download macOS X Yosemite 10.10 Image for VMware & VirtualBox. The image file of macOS X Yosemite is created only to install in VMware and VirtualBox. Therefore, the file is completely compressed with Winrar and 7Zip. Which voluntarily you can install it on VMware or VirtualBox.
UPDATE: For installing Yosemite on VirtualBox, you can check that link.
The market of computer applications is moving day by day from desktop to web and now is moving to smart phone and tablet. Although Android is the most popular operating system on mobile devices but last month two big customers of my company (I work there, not the boss 🙂 ) decided to use iOS for their mobile devices. That means the softwares should be ported, maintained, developed further and supported on iOS. On the market iOS is also the leader on tablet area with its Ipad series. With all of these reasons, I , a .Net/Java programmer, decide to learn programming with Objective C on iOS as my secondary skill.
Like any other programming language, I’ll need a IDE (Integrated Development Environment) but it’s too expensive for me to buy a Macbook running Mac OS. So I just manage to install a MAC OS on VirtualBox and learn Objective C from that fake MAC OS. In this post, I would like to describe step by step how I get a MAC OS 10.7.3 running on VirtualBox. It’s really simple, it just depends on which you download from Internet :).
1. Go to homepage of VirtualBox and download its latest version appropriate with your host OS https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads . Install it.
2. On the homepage of VirtualBox, download “VirtualBox x.x.x Oracle VM VirtualBox Extension Pack”.
3. Open VirtualBox, menu File –> Preferences
4. On VirtualBox – Settings dialog –> Extensions –> Add Package
5. Enable Hardware Virtualization Technology (VT) in your BIOS. You must be sure that your processor supports VT and 64 bits. Without these prerequisites, the virtual machine won’ work.
6. The pre-configured Mac OS X installation image. This image is the most important part during the installation. Any ordinary installation DMG file or disc you download from Apple or any torrent sites won’t work. This pre-created image is configured to be booted in VirtualBox. The credit of image, which I use in this post, belongs to souldevteam. To download this image, you can choose either torrent or direct link from links below.
Mirror 1: http://www.mediafire.com/?iftvpgrokvj8ow4
Mirror 2: https://www.box.com/s/b99a70cb61a31f9632f2
7. It’s about 3,5 GB. When the download is finished, extract .exe file to any folder on your computer, you’ll have 4 files “HackBoot Mod.iso”, “Mac OS X Lion.vbox”, “Mac OS X Lion.vbox-prev” and “Mac OS X Lion.vdi”.
8. In Virtual Box, menu Machine –> Add. Browse to “Mac OS X Lion.vbox”
9. A new virtual machine (Mac OS X Lion) will be added into VirtualBox Manager. Start it.
10. At boot screen choose Macintosh and press Enter
11. Open Terminal check its version with sw_vers command because there is still an error with this pre-configured image. When you click on Apple icon –> About This Mac, the virtual machine will be crashed.
12. Basically the installation process is done. But one of the most annoyed thing when using Mac OS X in virtual machine is keyboard layout. We can’t use Command+C, Command+V to copy and paste data with clipboard. You know, there is no Command key and some of other special keys of Mac in Windows keyboard. I thought of buying a universal keyboard working on both platform Windows and Mac. There’s some kinds of them on market but my current keyboard still works perfectly. Therefore a soft solution will be better for me. To fix this problem, I go to homepage of DoubleCommand, download it http://doublecommand.sourceforge.net/ and install it. After installation, you’ll find DoubleCommand in System Preferences
13. Click on DoubleCommand icon to open DoubleCommand windows, configure it as you like and remember to save all your changes by clicking on Save System or Save User. My sample settings are like image below.
14. Now we have a Mac OS in hand. Let’s go to Apple developer homepage http://developer.apple.com/programs/register/, download Xcode and iOS SDK. The first application “Hello World” is waiting for you. 🙂
Using VirtualBox always gives you plenty of significant benefits. The program`s rich functionality and comfortable interface attracts thousands of developers worldwide, making the tool the most popular virtualization utility. You can easily install any OS using virtualization app with changes to your current OS. Below you can find a detailed instruction on how to install OS X Montain Lion on VirtualBox quickly and easily.
First of all, you will need a machine with Windows to run Mac OS X on Windows. Note: your Windows OS should to be 64-bit, since OS X Mountain Lion is a 64-bit OS. You will also need more than 10 GB of unused hard drive space.
Right click on 'My Computer' to choose 'Properties' to check the stats of your computer.
- Installed VirtualBox
- iAtkos ML2: The standard way on installing OS X Mountain Lion still doesn't work with Virtualbox. That is why you'll have to obtain a special distros, such as iAtkos
- Multibeast 4.6.1 : a special utility for post-installation tool for your connveniencr
Step 1: Preparing for work
Download VirtualBox package, install and open it up.
Step 2: Creating a new virtual machine
Open Virtualbox and choose 'New'. Type the VM`s name, and click 'Mac OS X' for the OS Type.
We highly recommend assigning 4 GB of RAM to your new VM; however, you can choose even 2 GB of RAM.
Then you will be asked to set up a new hard disk for your VM. It is better to choose VDI type of VM, as well as choose a dynamically expanding disk.
Step 3: Give your new VM an OS
Choose your Mac OS X VM from the main menu of VirtualBox, and open up its settings. Then visit 'System' and uncheck the 'Enable EFI' option. This is the most important option that you will need to change.
Move to the options for 'Storage'. In this box, you'll get a CD icon 'Empty'. Click it and then 'Choose a virtual CD/DVD disk file'. Choose the .dmg file for iAtkos ML2 in the new window
When your virtual machine launches for the first time, it will boot into iAtkos.
Step 4: Install OS X Mountain Lion
Launch your VM. You will see an iAtkos boot screen, with a special CD icon in the middle.
Mac Os X 10.7 Lion Virtualbox Image Download
The virtual machine will automatically launch installer for Mac OS X.
Than launch Disk Utility situated under the Utilities menu.
Note: Mac OSX can be installed only on a clean disk. Choose the VirtualBox hard disk - Disk Utility and delete everything from it.
Click the 'Customize' button to continue the process.
The default sttings will make Mac OS X to boot from the VM without any help.
Visit Bootloader Options - Graphics Mode to choose the most suitable resolution of your monitor.
Then you will need to return to the installation page and choose 'Install'. No worries about crashing black screen after the process complete. Just proceed to the next step.
Mac Os X Lion Virtualbox Image Download Virtualbox
Step 5: Boot it up
Restart your VM, and remove iAtkos from your virtual drive. To eject the tool, just right-click on the CD icon. Press the right 'Ctrl' key to allow your mouse to escape form the undesirable screen.
Then restart your virtual machine one more time. You will be able to see the following screen:
Free Mac Os For Virtualbox
Mountain Lion will boot in no more than a couple of seconds, leading you to the Mac OS X setup screen.
Mac Os X Mountain Lion Virtualbox Image Download
Now you`ve successfully installed OS X Montain Lion on VirtualBox! Although the process is a little bit long, you might still enjoy using the app!