Playing Star Wars Battlefront 2 under the game’s original mods soon becomes monotonous soon as you exceed your goals and feel the need for an era and map change. Courtesy of developers like Spiret, your experience is about to change as you play on new maps and eras. The mods come with new weapons, units, sounds, sky patterns, and so forth. This article will help you on how to install battlefront 2 mods.
Create the right directory for your mod installation
I want to use the 'Skin Selection Mod' for Battlefront 2, it allows me to choose from the skins which will be available to choose from with a later update. It is only visual and doesnt change any game mechanics. Can I get banned for using it? Message 4 of 19 (21,581 Views) Reply. Jurassic park operation genesis mods new dinosaurs. Naboo: Theed (reimagined) is a full-blown replacement for the stock Theed map. The layout is inspired by the Naboo: Theed map from DICE's Star Wars: Battlefront II, though for obvious reasons it is not 1-1 a remake but rather a reimagining intended to work within the classic engine. Battlefront II Mod Loader 0.9.6.1 Jan 2 2018 Demo 13 comments Version 0.9.6.1 of Battlefront II Mod Loader: new GUI framework, GUI enhancing, mod searching, parameter shortcuts, bug fixes. Jun 08, 2017 ★ Includes space to ground combat with really large maps (Corucant, Dantooine, Cato Neimodia, Death Star 2 and Bespin); ★ Based on the cancelled Star Wars Battlefront 3 project; ★ Introduces a new Hud, also based on that cancelled project; ★ Download: Click Note: In order to run the mod well you will need a PC with higher specs.
Follow the directory below to install the mods: C:Program Files (x86)SteamSteamAppscommonStar Wars Battlefront IIGameData
If playing on Steam, head on to Library > Options > Properties > Local Files. Browse this file to create a folder named addon.
- Download the patch from the link: .
- Follow these guidelines to install the V1.3 Patch r117
- While on your addon folder, create another folder and name it AAA-v1.3patch.
- Right-click on your download to extract the files to the AAA-v1.3patch folder and leave it open.
- Look for a file named menu.bat and run it then follow the installation instructions.
- Start the game like you normally do and confirm that the patch has actually added new maps, eras, and so on.
- I rightly done, there will be the new maps, errors and a fake console in the pause menu.
Keeping Your Game Safe When Installing Mods
- On your downloaded file, right click to extract it into the addon destination folder. The readme document that was packaged with the download may contain additional instructions.
- If you have played past the 500 mission limit, you will notice that there are too many missions to deal with. Since you might refer to them at a later time, save them by creating another GameData folder which you will now call addon_inactive. Once you have placed the mods in the new folder, you 500 mission limit should be lifted.
- The visual mods have special characteristics from normal mods in that they are compatible with one another hence they will do no harm to each other once they are installed. They do not cause any gameplay changes, except for certain visual upgrades for a better experience.
Map add-ons part 1
- Map add-ons are simply other maps that do not cause any harm to each other when installed. Both your former maps and your current maps will work without any glitches.
Map add-ons part 2
- Theed Hangar Complete map
- Includes Generator Room area as in the Phantom Menace!
- ALL NEW models and objects!
- Battle as either Darth Maul or Obi-Wan in a one-on-one battle royale, and for the first time as the Royal Security Forces!” Also enjoy conquest and CTF, both in the Clone War and Civil War eras!
Map add-ons part 3
- Based on Legend of Zelda Series. The map is unique in that it features its own boss and crooks. Additions to this map include
- A landing area
- Vehicle battle
- Lower plateau
- A mountain Side
Map add-ons part 4
- This map may cause your game to crash if launched in the same session with Rhen-Var Droid Factory.
- It supports Dark Times II: Rising Son mods and Battlefront Extreme 2.2.
- The version also comes with new random skies, new units, and supports the DTII and BFX mods.
New Eras and Total Conversion
- Are compatible and cause no harm to one another.
- Contains new weapons, sounds, RC HUD, Unit types, and Streams from original game.
If you are yet to get your hands on the 2017 Star Wars Battlefront II but you still have access to the classic 2005 Star Wars: Battlefront II, then perhaps it is time to try the mods and enjoy your classic better as you wait to try your hands on the latest version of the game. This mod loader tutorial only works on the steam version of the game.
What Do You Need to Install the Mods?
To set up your game for mod installation, you will first need the mod loader and you will have to be sure that your PC can handle the requirements. Lucky enough, since this is a 2005 game we are dealing with, the requirements aren’t more than a standard computer can handle. You will need:
- .Net framework 4.5
- 3 MB free disk space
- An extra 900 MB free space if you have to install .Net Framework
- Windows Vista SP2, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 or newer
- 1GHz processor or better
- 2GB HDD
- 512 MB RAM
Installing the Star Wars Battlefront 2 Mod Loader
After you have downloaded the mod loader .exe from here
- Extract the archive and put all files in the Battlefront II mod loader folder inside the gamedata file
- Launch the application
- Rename your mods if you want
- Add launch parameters in settings or from within steam (this is optional)
To install the actual mods once you have the Star Wars Battlefront 2 Mod loader up and running
- Extract the mod archive to a location of your choice
- Browse through the extracted files and look for the subfolder with three letter names, for instance, BFX, and move it into the addon folder.
- The addon folder is inside your gamedata folder and has a file named addme.script
Alternatively, you can skip downloading the mod installer and just handle the installation manually.
Nexus Mods Battlefront 2 2017
- Navigate to C:Program Files (x86)SteamSteamAppscommonStar Wars Battlefront IIGameData and create a file named addon
- Alternatively, you can go to your Steam game library, Go to Properties then click the ‘Local Files’ tab. This will let you browse local files and you can add the addon folder.
To install mods, just extract the mod and place it in the addon folder you just created above.
Remember that your game will crash from the 500 mission limit if you have too many mods in place. You can either delete some of the mods or just move them into a addon_inactive folder and move them back when you need them.
Nexus Mods Battlefront 2015
Some of the mods you can look out for include:
Nexusmods Star Wars Battlefront 2 Mod Manager
- Battlefront Evolved (a graphic enhancement mod that is online compliable)
- Razzed maps (A graphics enhancement mod that is online compatible)
- In-game skin changer
- Mos Eisley Spaceport map addon
- Coruscant City Droid Invasion map addon