Veepeak Mini WiFi OBD2 Scanner for iOS and Android, Car OBD II Check Engine Light Diagnostic Code Reader Scan Tool Supports Torque Pro, OBD Fusion, Car Scanner App 4.3 out of 5 stars 3,574 $16.99. I wanted to write few words about the app store (Apple App Store / Google Play) reviews. We’ve been pleased to notice that most of you have been extremely satisfied with OBD Auto Doctor mobile app. But of course there have been a few not so pleasing reviews. We hope that you realize that we have no means to contact you.
- Obd Car Doctor Manual
- Download Obd Auto Doctor
- Obd Car Doctor Pro Reviews
- Obd Car Doctor Pro Review Pc Magazine
- Automotive diagnostic software for Windows
- Automotive diagnostic software for Mac
A smart vehicle is able to adjust its productivity to lower fuel consumption, show the best direction taking into account traffic and weather conditions, detect errors in the engine and collect data to arrange lower insurance rates. Most vehicles are equipped with on-board diagnostics or an OBD2 port that provides access to data from the engine control unit (ECU). To get the information you need to plug in an external device.
An OBD auto scanner is used to receive data codes and other information about the car's general conditions. One can buy diagnostic software that will let connect laptop to the OBD system in the vehicle, but automotive repair knowledge is usually also needed.
The need for the development of various vehicle apps has been rapidly increasing and we in Archer Software have delivered a number of scanning solutions for different purposes of the automotive industry.
As usually car application has two components:
- a device - hardware configuration interface that connects to the onboard computer of the car
- and the application itself on the computer.
The car diagnostic app analyzes the records and works as a smart assistant when the car owner drives the vehicle. It analyzes many sides of the trip and provides the user with helpful tips: how to drive more cautiously, how to reduce fuel consumption and how to extend the life of the car. The main goal of applications is to give the driver more insight into their car. Vehicle maintenance apps usually help to track the car's service and gas fill-ups.
With a vehicle monitoring application that can be customized based on the needs of your organizations and customers, you can be sure your drivers are following the best practices.
Archer Software is a recognized provider of custom automotive diagnostic software development for connected cars as well as mobile apps for car owners. Our process is SPICE 4 compliant and we have a vast experience providing mobile, web, desktop, embedded development, design and delivery (introducing Continuous Integration, moving products to the cloud, integrating Automated QA, etc.).
We've gathered 6 best automotive diagnostic software solutions that provide a simple and acceptable way to monitor your car's health.
AutoEnginuity's ScanTool is a great automotive diagnostic software for your Windows-based computer or laptop. Owners of AutoEnginuity’s ScanTool claim that coverage is the main feature of the application. The application supports coverage options for 48 carmakers.
And it's also about the depth of this comprehension. The app allows access to ABS, airbag, enhanced powertrain, instrument cluster, transmission, and dozens of other body and chassis controllers and consists of online data, bi-directional controls, adaptive resets and learns, system tests, and trouble code retrieval and clearing.
AutoEnginuity has great user-friendly interfaces without sacrificing its ease-of-use and can pan, allows zooming, and displays several plots on one graph.
Other features include Print DTC and IM/Mode 6 data in an individual report format. These reports help customers to customize necessary repairs and optional repairs.
The application allows displaying data in a comfortable form instead of raw data. Data is logged in two formats: XML to use in browsers, and CSV for spreadsheets with the capability to change the format and view logs offline.
Customizable sensor data. One can change the way it displays the data about the sensor's sampling rate, ranges, set audio trigger points, units, and scaling value. Using AutoEnginuity’s ScanTool one can be sure to receive a full-featured scan tool and professional-grade coverage.
ProScan is considered to be one of the most user-friendly PC-based OBD scanners. ProScan is often sold as a mix with hardware and software and contains all of the necessary cables, equipment, and software to turn any PC into an OBD2 code reader.
This software has some important benefits, and here are they:
- Fuel Economy tool. This car diagnostic tool helps to adapt driving behavior to lower the fuel consumption of a vehicle. This tool could be launched during a test drive while buying a car. The analysis will be available after a quick drive and one can see the real fuel consumption data for the car based upon each driver's habits. This feature can help to make the best choice when buying a car and prevent large expenses.
- Vehicle Connection Manager. The Vehicle Connection Manager is an interface you see when launching the program. To make PC - vehicle connection user should select the vehicle profile and connect via the program. It will show the connection status and view the report if the failure happens.
- Freeze Frame Data. This tool allows monitoring any data at any period by saving all the previous information. It also shows all detected problems and helps to resolve them.
- Oxygen Sensor Tests. This tool allows displaying all tests your car had for all individual oxygen sensors. If the car has a problem, this tool will help to determine if the oxygen sensors have failed and detect exactly which sensor.
- Diagnostic Report Generator. ProScan allows generating diagnostics report for a car with one button. Check engine light detector. When a car's check engine light appears, a vehicle will save a code that recognizes the problem detected(DTC). And the tool will provide a list of such DTC saved with its description so the user can detect the problem.
This tool is a generic automotive diagnostic scanner and a diagnostics tool that maintain a broad multiplicity of OBD2 hardware interfaces. It allows viewing, creating charts, logging, and playback of diagnostics data in the present time with the car's OBD2 diagnostic data slot. It also allows to see DTC's, Freeze Frame data, and other car info. It supports all US, Asian and European cars built after 1996.
Key benefits are:
- Customized dashboards,
- Drag Strip and Dyno feature,
- Data logging,
- Test results, and other useful features like full support of printing reports, customizable alerts and other.
Automotive diagnostic software for Mac
Users can make a diagnostics of a vehicle using Mac OS and find out the reason for engine indicators without the manufacturer's pack. The connection is simple, and after that user can diagnose and see the results in real-time.
Main functions of EOBD Facile OBD Software Programming are:
- View engine faults of codes and find out their meaning
- Clear the check engine light
- Monitor special manufacturer error codes
- Make recordings of trips and save via iPhone/iPad, recover them later using EOBD Facile application
- Create and view records of GPS data
OBD Auto Doctor
OBD2 Auto Doctor is an advanced OBD2 car diagnostics tool. It is one of the best OBD software for the OS X platform. The Auto Doctor allows the user to examine and reset the alert codes. Using this OBD2 diagnostic software a user can interact with a car's OBD2 system readily, and make a computer or a laptop with OS X a very clever automotive scanner.
OBD2 Auto Doctor is an excellent tool for people who are interested in understanding more their cars. If one wants to monitor vehicle data in the present period of time or turn off the check engine indicator, this can be very gear.
Key benefits of this OBD2 software:
- User can see if the vehicle is ready for emission tests and the transcript of DTCs, Freeze Frame, MIL
- View fuel consumption and fuel emission
- View OBD2 indicators in real-time to detect breakings
- User can turn between numerical or graphical view of all OBD2 data, imperial and metric units
- Possibility to sen this data via email
- The tool helps to read VIN, Calibration Identifications and Calibration Verification Numbers of ECU
- This car diagnostic software supports a built-in DTC database including 14000+ alarm codes.
Movi and Movi Pro
Every failure (DTC) of a vehicle is saved in the engine control module (ECM). Reading this information can help professionals to identify the problem and fix a car. Movi™ car diagnostic software helps to see this trouble codes, extract the car's freeze-frame information, and clear it, so that can turn your check engine light off.
Movi tool has these features in comparison with other software:
- User can view real-time data to help in the diagnostics of numerous engine malfunctions
- Read or clear DTCs
- Define if emission tests are finished after a repair to provide a pass at an emission testing
- View and clear freeze frame data
- User can monitor passing and average fuel consumption and fuel economy
- The driver can see battery voltage for battery and charging system condition
- Monitor a virtual horsepower
- Monitoring of virtual torque
- Monitor and make a graph to 4 engine indicators at the same time
- The tool saves a driver's sessions to view it after
- Audio tips
For more information on how we can develop connected car software solutions that are right for you, contact our experts at [email protected]
How do you know what the best OBD2 app is? In today’s modern world, we expect to get information quickly and accurately with just the touch of a button. And the same goes for our cars; we want to know what’s going on in our cars at all times without having to take it to a specialist all the time.
Luckily, OBD apps help you virtually access real-time datafrom your vehicle so you can better monitor and manage your car’s performance.With so many OBD2 apps to choose from, how do you know which is the best OBD2app and which is the right one to pick for your car?
We’ve reviewed the top 9 OBD2 apps to help you get all the relevant information on each one and make the best decision.
- 1 Best OBD2 Apps for iPhone
- 2 Best OBD2 Apps for Android
Best OBD2 Apps for iPhone
1. BlueDriver OBD2 App for iPhone/iPad
The BlueDriver OBD2 app is a great diagnostic scan tool forauto enthusiasts, professional mechanics, and everyday car drivers who want tolearn how their vehicle is running and keep it in excellent condition. With anaverage rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars on iTunes, it’s the best OBD2 app for iOSavailable.
It allows you to quickly read and clear codes, see live data, perform enhanced diagnosis and export reports. You can also easily generate, share and even print out reports and perform smog readiness checks and much more.
- Free and regular updates
- Compatible with iOS and Andriod
- Advanced diagnostics such as ABS,Airbag, and Transmission
- Communicates wirelessly with yourvehicle
- Scan and clear trouble codes
- Generate, print and share reports
- Freeze frame data
- View on-board monitoring testresults (Mode 6)
- Requires iOS8 and above
- Uses a lot of data on your phone
Download Here: Bluetooth App For IOS
As with any OBD app, you’ll need an adapter to plug into your car’s OBD2 interface to be able to access all the information from the app. The adapter that we recommend for this app is the BlueDriver Bluetooth Pro OBD2 Scan Tool. It easily plugs into your OBD2 port and communicates with the app on your phone.
2. OBD Fusion OBD2 App for iPhone iPad
The OBD Fusion app is another excellent car diagnostic appfor iPhone that gives you the opportunity to create virtual dashboards to seemultiple vehicle sensors, monitor fuel economy, read trouble codes and eventurn off your check engine light.
It’s very simple and easy to use with fully customizable dashboards so you can see all the most critical data you need. You can also graph live data, monitor oxygen systems and get all of your vehicle information in one convenient place.
- Create your custom dashboards
- Supports enhanced diagnostics onspecific models
- Allows you to store and emailreports
- Real-time graphs and live date
- GPS tracking and live map routing
Download Here: OBD Fusion OBD2 App for iPhone iPad
The OBD Fusion app works best with the BAFX Products OBD2 for iOS devices adapter. It works very well with iOS devices and is entirely compatible with the Fusion OBD app so that you can use all the app’s functions.
3. DashCommand OBD2 App for iPhone
The DashCommand app is a powerful tool to help your run diagnostic test and monitor the performance of your car. It allows you to quickly check why your check engine light keeps turning on, monitor and improve your gas mileage, and gives you the ability to customize gauges so you quickly can see the data that you care about most.
This app is a 4-time SEMA Global Media award winner that supports all OBD2 and EOBD vehicles worldwide. It can monitor several different data points, including speed performance, fuel economy, engine performance, emissions testing and it maintains a range of stats for up to 5 trips.
- Variety of customization options
- Displays results quickly
- Doesn’t require a lot of data
- Log, report and playback data
- Live graph capabilities
- Not compatible with iPhone X
- Some car models require in-app purchases for more diagnostics
- Compatibility issues with ELM327
Download Here: DashCommand OBD2 App for iPhone
The DashCommand app works best with the Veepeak Mini WiFi OBD2 Scanner. Using this adapter, you can easily monitor all of your vehicle’s systems and read all of the trouble codes.
4. FIXD OBD2 App for iPhone iPad
FIXD is a great OBD2 app for iOS that easily translates yourcar’s diagnostics into easy to understand terms. Your cars trouble codes areexplained so that you can quickly know what’s going on and what the issue is.
It’s a simple app that allows you to get all the essentialinformation from your vehicle without any of the confusing terms.
The app shows you check engine light diagnostics,maintenance reminders, recommends parts you should replace or buy, and allowsyou to store and monitor data for all of the vehicles in your family.
The free version is great for the average car user but the premium version, which is an in-app purchase, offers even more advanced diagnostics and data feedback.
- Easy to use and understand
- Great for new OBD2 app users
- You can purchase parts directlyfrom the app
- Maintenance reminders andsuggestions
- Helpful customer support
- In-app purchase required for moreadvanced diagnostics
- Older versions of the app havesome bugs
Download Here: FIXD OBD2 App for iPhone iPad
The FIXD app only works with FIXD adapters, so the best one to get is the FIXD OBD2 Active Car Health Monitor. It easily connects and communicates with the app to give you all of the diagnostic information that you need from your car’s OBD2 system.
Best OBD2 Apps for Android
1. OBDLink OBD2 App for Android
The OBDLink app is the best OBD2 app for Android users that offers complete customization, reads live data, performs emissions tests, GPS tracking, displays oxygen sensor results and more.
It has a user-friendly interface that allows you to read andclear trouble codes, read freeze frame data, measure fuel economy, measureemission readiness and monitor multiple trips. It’s very nicely designed andeasy to use.
It also has free and unlimited updates, there are no in-app ads, and it provides measurements in English and Metric units. Plus it allows you to create full diagnostic reports and email them for your convenience.
- Create an email reports
- Free, unlimited updates
- No ads
- Monitor over 90 systems of real-time data
- Easily customizable
Obd Car Doctor Manual
- Only compatible with OBDLinkadapters
- Can’t read car diagnostics whenthe car isn’t running
Download Here: OBDLink OBD2 App for Android
The best adapter for the OBDLink app is the OBDLink OBD2 Scanner MX. This app only works with OBDLink adapters, so this is the best adapter to use to get the most out of the app and be able to read all of your car’s diagnostics.
2. OBD Auto Doctor Android OBD2 App
The OBD Auto Doctor OBD2 diagnostics app is one of the bestOBD2 apps for iPhone and Android. It’s an excellent app for anyone wanting toget to know more about their vehicle and monitor its operating systems.
It allows you to quickly read and reset trouble codes,monitors why your check engine light is on, read advanced diagnostics, andmonitor fuel consumption to help you save money.
Not only that, but this app can send you diagnostic information via email, record and send sensor data via email, read information specific to your car and it supports both imperial and metric units.
- Shows real-time data
- Advanced diagnostic readings
- Uses imperial and metric units
- Monitors over 18,000 trouble codes
- Compatible with all OBD2 vehicles
- GPS support and fuel monitoring
- In-app purchases for morediagnostics
- Can only reset the check enginelight
Download Here: OBD Auto Doctor Android OBD2 App
Although this app is compatible with a variety of adapters, the best adapter to use with it is the Veepeak OBDCheck OBD2 Bluetooth Scanner. This adapter works great for Android devices and is designed to work correctly with the OBD Auto Doctor app to give you all the accurate information you need.
3. Torque Pro Android OBD2 App
With an average of 4.5 out of 5-star reviews, this is one ofthe best OBD2 apps for Android. It gives you real-time data, reads OBD faultcodes, monitors car performance, sensor data and much more.
It also comes with a great GPS feature to track diagnosticinformation as you’re driving. This app is very user-friendly and has a lot ofcustomization options to give you the best user experience.
It can read transmission temperatures, CO2 emissions, send you reports via email and has a large fault code database to help read pretty much any fault code on your vehicle. Plus, it has a variety of different theme options so you can make the app look however you like.
- Customizable dashboard and themeoptions
- Share information via social mediaor email
- Shows data on graphs
- Warning signals for performanceissues
- CO2 emission readout
- GPS capabilities and compass
Download Here: Torque Pro Android OBD2 App
For the adapter for this app, we recommend the Veepeak OBDCheck OBD2 Bluetooth Scanner. To make sure you can read all of your OBD diagnostic information with the app, you’ll want this powerful and high performing adapter.
4. Carista OBD2 App for Android
The Carista OBD2 app is designed to help empower you todiagnose, customize and even service your vehicle yourself so that you can savetime and money from not having to visit a dealer for every issue.
The app allows you to personalize and customize theinformation for your liking making it great for the average car user who wantssimple diagnostic information about their car.
It performs basic OBD2 diagnostics like finding out why yourcheck engine light is on, displaying the fault codes and describing what theymean. However, if you want the more advanced OBD2 diagnostics, you have toupgrade to the paid version.
And while the app supports all vehicles with OBD2 that were manufactured after 2000, some of the advanced diagnostics are only available for specific car models.
- Customization options available
- Easy to use
- Good customer service and support
- Shows if your car is ready foremissions tests
- Advanced diagnostics aren’t free
- Not all vehicles are supported bythe app
Download Here: Carista OBD2 App for Android
The best adapter to use for this app is the Carista OBD2 Bluetooth Adapter. It is specifically designed to work with the app. Plus, you can get a free1-month trial of the paid app feature when you use it with this adapter.
5. Scan Master OBD2 App for Android
The Scan Master is a tremendous OBD2 app for Android that’seasy to use. It shows you a clear overview of our car’s performance andprovides a lot of excellent basic OBD2 diagnostics in the free version such asreal-time data and the ability to read default codes.
The app provides you with basic information about your carto help monitor trouble codes, the fuel system, and your vehicle’s readinessfor emissions tests.
The paid version offers even more advanced diagnostics and the ability to read, understand and reset thousands of codes. Although the paid version is much more robust, the free version offers a good overview for users who want the basics.
- Easy to use and understand
- Basic diagnostics included in thefree version
- Graphs data
- Can record and store data
- Additional fee for advanced diagnostics
- Only works with Android 4.0 and above
- Not compatible with some vehicles and devices
Download Obd Auto Doctor
Download Here: Scan Master OBD2 App for Android
To make sure that you get the best use out of the Scan Master app, the BAFX Products Bluetooth OBD2 Scanner is the best option because it is compatible with Android and the app. Using this adapter will ensure that you get the most usability out of the app.
Obd Car Doctor Pro Reviews
Obd Car Doctor Pro Review Pc Magazine
There are many different OBD2 apps available on the markettoday. They all offer a wide range of capabilities and varying levels ofdiagnostics, ranging from free to paid versions. Hopefully, our review of thetop 9 OBD2 apps for both iOS and Android helps give you an insight into whichone you should choose. You want to make sure you get an OBD2 app that workscorrectly with your car and your device so that you can get accurateinformation quickly on your phone.