Jul 01,2020 • Filed to: Mac Tutorials
'Is there a reliable PDF reader for Mac (macOS 10.15 Catalina)?'
Mac users have a number of PDF reader programs to choose from, including Adobe Reader for Mac and Preview. But if you want a better PDF reading experience, you might want to use a more robust and powerful PDF program. In this article, we’ve compiled the top 5 PDF reader for Mac tools including PDFelement Pro, which offers more features than a simple PDF reader.
Part 1: Top 5 Best PDF Reader for Mac
Download PDFwriter for Mac for free. PDFwriter is a printer driver for Mac OS X, which will let you generate PDF files by simply printing. PDFwriter is heavily based on CUPS-PDF. PDF Reader X 2.3 for Mac can be downloaded from our website for free. The software lies within Productivity Tools, more precisely Office Tools. This Mac download was checked by our antivirus and was rated as clean. The following versions: 1.20 and 1.2 are the most frequently downloaded ones by the program users.
- Download Adobe Acrobat Reader DC for Mac 2020.006.20042 for Mac. Fast downloads of the latest free software!
- Haihaisoft Reader for Mac - A Small Size Free PDF Reader for Macos A prominent feature of Haihaisoft Reader for Mac is its small size at only 3MB; this compact PDF Reader for Mac takes up much less space than other programs like Adobe Reader (see below). The package covers a wide range of languages and is designed for ease of use, while it.
1. PDFelement Pro - The Best Alternative Free PDF Reader Pro for Mac to Adobe Acrobat.
As high-quality as Adobe Reader is due to its constant updates and improvements, you can also look into alternative programs that can perform many of the same tasks. PDFelement Pro for Mac, as the best alternative PDF Reader to Adobe Acrobat for Mac, acts as both a PDF editor and reader that provides you full functions for PDF editing and a better experience reading PDF on Mac. This tool lets you add text, images, bookmarks, and more to your PDF. In addition, a user can also highlight text, underline, use strike-through features on the text and crop PDF pages on Mac. Watermarks can also be used to protect your PDF files on Mac. You can even edit and convert scanned PDF files with PDFelement Pro.
Key Features of this PDF Reader for Mac:
Free Pdf Software For Mac
- Add, delete or edit text, images, graphics, links, watermarks, and more.
- Convert PDF to Word and other formats, or create PDFs from Webpages, images, and text files.
- Quickly mark up and annotate PDFs with various annotation tools.
- Combine or split PDFs, organize pages, and easily fill out PDF forms.
- Edit and convert scanned or image-based PDFs using the OCR feature.
- Easily add watermarks, passwords, and signature to PDF documents.
2. Skim - A Popular and Well-developed Macbook PDF reader
Skim is a popular PDF Reader on Mac that is tailored towards scientific purposes, although it can also be used to view other types of documents as well. This free PDF reader software is designed to be customizable for individual use, and is handy for notes and previews. The reason why Skim is one of the most popular options is because it includes easy-to-use and visually impressive reading modes.
- Single swipe highlight mode for easy use
- AppleScript support
- Ability to preview internal links
3. Adobe Reader for Mac - A Widely Used Free Mac os PDF reader
You can download PDF reader for mac-Adobe Reader for free and set it as your default PDF reader. Adobe Reader for Mac is considered the industry standard. Adobe is still a very well respected product on the market, as they are constantly making improvements and upgrades to the program, but there are other options that offer many of the same features at a lower price and without without complicated licensing agreements.
- Fast and easy to use
- Established platform worldwide
- Considered industry standard
- Well developed and supported
4. Haihaisoft Reader for Mac - A Small Size Free PDF Reader for Macos
A prominent feature of Haihaisoft Reader for Mac is its small size at only 3MB ; this compact PDF Reader for Mac takes up much less space than other programs like Adobe Reader (see below). The package covers a wide range of languages and is designed for ease of use, while it is also well supported and has been developed for use on a number of platforms. Interesting features include:
- Instant launch time
- No background net connection for added security
- Opens all PDF documents
- Protection with DRM-X
5. PDFSam - A New Free PDF Reader for Macbook Pro or other Macs
PDFSam is a relatively new release that has been met with mixed reviews. This free PDF reader for Mac is designed for splitting and merging documents, hence why it is called 'SAM'. Some users report problems while using the application, though generally it is reported to be user-friendly and quick for the average user.
- Split and Merge - (SAM)
- Extract sections as separate PDFs
- Reorder pages when needed
- Compose documents by dragging and dropping
Part 2: Troubleshooting on Opening and Reading PDFs in macOS
Many people experience problems when trying to open or read PDFs on Mac. This is due to a variety of reasons, but luckily this problem is usually quite an easy one to solve in just a matter of minutes. Here are the three main reasons why you may have a problem reading a PDF on Mac, and what you can do to solve the problem.
Question 1. Your Web Browser needs Updating
Solution: This is one of the most common problemsthat can prevent you from being able to read a PDF. Not all not all browsers update automatically, and it could be that yours needs a manual update. You can usually run a regular software update, but other times you may be required to update manually through the menu. An outdated browser may be the issue, in which case you may need to update your browser to resolve the issue. You can then make annotations and markups within your document.
Question 2. Your Browser is not Compatible
Solution: This issue depends on your operating system. If you are running OS 10.5 x, as many are, you will find that the later versions of Safari, for example, are non-compatible with your operating system. This will lead to you being unable to open PDFs, as well as a number of other problems. It is recommended that users with this operating system try using Firefox instead, as that may solve the problem.
Question 3. Check the Adobe Reader Plug-in
Solution: This problem also affects many users. If you are opening your PDF with Adobe Reader, the Adobe Reader Plug-in can be problematic, especially if it is an automatic launch when you enter your browser. The trick is to delete the plug-in (just the plug in, not Adobe Reader itself). Try using Adobe Reader as a stand-alone program rather than having it run within your browser, and the problem should be solved. You can also re-install the plug-in if necessary.
Part 3: Best Recommendation
With so many options of PDF reader for Mac, sometimes it is hard to make a choice. But taking all the possible troubles into consideration, PDFelement can be regarded as the best PDF reader for Mac because it can provide you with a cozy reading experience without those troubles. Besides, do you think PDFelement is only a PDF reader? The answer is no, it is a PDF editor and PDF converter as well
2020-10-27 10:56:49 • Filed to: Choose Right Mac Software • Proven solutions
You are wondering how to access a free Mac PDF editor, or how to choose the right PDF editor for Mac? Below, we'll cover 10 commonly used PDF editor Mac, all of which are compatible with macOS 10.15 Catalina. By reading this list, you will be able to determine the most cost-effective Mac PDF editing software that also best meets your business needs.
Top 10 PDF Editor Mac
PDFelement is a PDF solution integrate with a variety of convenient and practical features for editing, conversion, annotation, OCR, form processing and digital signatures.
This well-rounded PDF editing software is popular among users and has a step up above the competition due its excellent form field recognition and data extraction technology.
- Fully compatible with macOS 10.15 Catalina.
- Powerful PDF editing and annotation tools that allow for a smooth editing experience.
- It has robust PDF creation and conversion features.
- It allows you to fill and sign PDF forms easily.
Pros of this program include clear function classification, a complete set of PDF tools, OCR and batch processing, high compatibility with all operating systems, simple user experience, and interface, and the ability for document conversions.
Because of its focus on simplicity, it has less advanced features than programs like Adobe Acrobat. You can download a free trial version to test and purchase the full version after testing.
Supported Systems: Mac, Windows, iOS, Android
- A smooth and simple interface design
The full functionalities can be enjoyed by both Windows and Mac users.
- A better experience with PDF forms
The automatic form recognition feature enables you to create an editable form with just one click.
- PDF editing tools
You can export data from paper or electronic forms into an editable Excel form.
- Intelligent and smooth editing features.
A better PDF editing experience lets you keep the fonts and formatting of your original file while converting it.
- It can convert standard PDF file format to longer-lasting PDF / A format for a longer archiving period.
2. Acrobat for Mac
Acrobat is also a powerful tool. As the world's best desktop PDF solution, the brand new look of Acrobat will blow your mind. It also includes a mobile version that lets you fill in, sign, and share PDFs on any device at any location. However, Adobe Acrobat XI has ended support, meaning you might need to turn to an Acrobat alternative if you are looking for dedicated support. Click here to discover the best Acrobat alternative options.
- Fast document comparison.
- It supports operational procedures for review and approval.
- Automatic form field recognition.
- Create a PDF from Office formats quickly and easily.
It has stable functionalities, high efficiency, and high compatibility.
It has a lot of advanced features that are complicated and difficult to use for beginners. Plus, the bloated features mean it comes at a higher cost, and you need to pay in order to use the full version.
Supported Systems: Windows, Mac, iOS
Price: $179.88 / Year
- An attractive user interface that supports touch functionality
Fully compatible with mobile devices and supports touch functionality with a user-friendly interface.
- Work anytime, anywhere.
Acrobat has all the tools needed for converting, editing, and signing a PDF anytime and anywhere. You can start a document at work, modify it during the transit ride home, and then send it for approval from the comfort of your living room.
- Edit any file any time
You won't need to spend your valuable time re-creating new documents. Simply export or convert your file into an easily editable format.
3. PDF Expert
PDF Expert is one of Readdle's premium Apps. It has been the leading producer of PDF processing software on the iOS platform for quite some time. Since the launch of PDF Expert on the Mac platform in 2015, it has become the best application on the Mac App Store in 2015 and has been recommended by Apple editors.
- Fast speed for page organization and functionalities
- Fluent in adding annotations and editing
- Simple text and image editing functions
It possesses excellent reading experience, simple operation, and easy to use. Plus, it has a nice user interface.
It has fewer features than other PDF editors, and PDF compatibility could be improved.
Supported Systems: Mac, iOS
- Professional reading experience
There are smooth scrolling and a quick search function. Choose your favorite layout and complete any task quickly and easily.
- Editing PDFs is seamless.
PDF Expert for Mac helps you format text and paragraphs easily. It will automatically detect fonts, and editing a PDF document is as easy as using any other program to edit a document.
- Fill in and sign PDF forms effortlessly.
Fill PDF forms easily, such as application forms, tax reports, shopping lists, you name it. You can sign a contract by using a legally valid personal e-signature in just a few clicks.
- Integration, sharing, and collaboration
Add notes or comments to easily collaborate with colleagues. You can also use a password to protect your sensitive files and documents.
- Compatibility with iPhone, iPad, and more
PDF Expert is compatible with all Apple platform products: Mac, iPad, and iPhone. It allows you to transfer documents across these devices seamlessly. Your work can be done anytime and anywhere.
Get the best PDF Expert alternative now - PDFelement.
PDFpenPro is a professional program heavily influenced by Preview. It is fully compatible with macOS X for PDF documents. It keeps the original operation processing feature of Preview, which fits more user's operating habits and is more convenient for a beginner user. There are also functional enhancements. You can add signatures, text, and images, as well as make changes, correct typos, and perform OCR on scanned documents. It allows you to fill and create fillable forms, as well as convert PDF to Word, Excel, and PowerPoint formats.
- Simple form field creation
- Intuitive annotation properties
It meets basic PDF editing needs, and the operating experience is similar to that of Preview.
Not all languages are supported, such as Chinese. It also has weak text and page editing capabilities compared to other programs.
Unique Features: Mac, iOS
- Generic PDF editing tools
You can use PDFpenPro to add text and signatures, amend the text, and use OCR for scanned documents.
- Make interactive PDF forms for Mac and Windows.
You may create an interactive form by using check boxes, text boxes, radio buttons, and interactive signature fields.
- Exports MS Office formats to PDF
It allows you to export a PDF to Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and save as a PDF/A format.
- Store your PDF in the cloud
You can edit your PDF at any time and can use the PDFpen on an iPad or iPhone to edit a PDF seamlessly over iCloud or Dropbox.
As a built-in PDF software on Mac, Preview allows for the limited ability to read and browse PDF formats, as well as make simple annotations. It can meet your primary requirement of reading and editing PDFs. But if you have more advanced PDF editing needs, Preview will not be suitable.
Build-in system, more preview formats, and read files fluently.
Poor compatibility, lack of professional functions, and PDF content can only be edited in the most basic ways.
Supported Systems: Mac
- Quick annotation
- You can quickly arrange pages by dragging and dropping thumbnails
- The camera is able to recognize handwritten signatures quickly.
Learn more about Preview here >>
Skim is a free Mac PDF editor. It functions like Preview, offering markup tools that help highlight important PDF content. You can also add and edit notes, crop PDF files, and more.
- View PDF files.
- Add and edit notes.
- Highlight text.
- Take snapshots of PDF files.
- Give presentations with built-in transitions.
7. PDF Nomad
PDF Nomad is unique editing software that provides a number of editing tools. The software supports the editing of images and texts in PDFs. It also allows you to arrange, split, and merge PDF pages in a document. Some of the tools in this software also make it easier for you to rotate, scale, and crop PDF files.
- It can be used to edit all aspects of PDF files, including images.
- It comes with an Optical Character Recognition (OCR) feature that makes editing scanned PDFs very easy.
- You can use it to annotate a PDF document.
- The free version lacks many features, and at $75 the pro version is somewhat expensive compared to others.
8. Master PDF Editor for Mac
Master PDF Editor is PDF editing software for Mac that comes with loads of features allowing you to convert PDF to numerous other file types and edit just about any aspect of your PDF document.
- It can be used to edit both text and images.
- You can convert PDFs to other formats, including Word and Excel.
- It works with Linux.
- The complex interface makes it difficult to use for beginners.
- The free version has limited capabilities.
9. Scribus for Mac
Scribus is a free PDF editing software for Mac that can be used to open PDFs and even edit certain aspects of the PDF document. It is one of the easiest programs to use because the user interface is simple and clean. You can also use it to annotate PDF documents if you want to highlight and edit sections of the document you consider important.
- It is very easy to use.
- It can be used to edit both text and images.
- It can't be used to convert PDFs.
10. PDF Buddy
Pdf Reader For Mac Free Download
This is another online tool that can be very useful when you want to edit PDF documents. This PDF editing software for Mac comes with a lot of features that can be used to manipulate a PDF document in many ways. You can add text, add and remove images and even split and merge PDF files. It can also be used to add signatures to your PDF document.
- It is free to use.
- It lets you make numerous edits to your PDF files.
- There is no limit to the size of the PDF file you can work with.
- It sometimes fails to download the file after editing.
There you have it - the 10 Best Free PDF Editor Tools for Mac. Now that you've had time to research the best PDF editor for Mac, don't hesitate to try out PDFelement now to see if it's right for you!
Free Download or Buy PDFelement right now!
Free Download or Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
Pdf Reader Free Download
Buy PDFelement right now!