Rajesh Khanna has one sister Kamla and he has no brothers. Rajesh Khanna wife name is Dimple Kapadia, Actress (m. March 1973, div. Rajesh Khanna has two daughters and her name is Twinkle Khanna, Interior Designer, and Actress, Rinke Khanna, she is an Actress, Rajesh Khanna has no son. Mumbai: Rajesh Khanna, who epitomised superstardom in Hindi cinema in the 1970s with such immortals as “Anand”, “Kati Patang” and “Aradhana”, left for a “nice and heavenly place” Wednesday morning, his son-in-law and actor Akshay Kumar announced. Rajesh, Bollywood’s first superstar and perhaps the only one to have reached those dazzling heights. Rajesh Khanna grabbed and kissed me when I was 13, claims Anita Advani Some shocking details of Rajesh Khanna and Anita Advani's relationship have emerged in a domestic violence complaint that the.
- Rajesh Khanna In Wafa Khan
- Rajesh Khanna Filmography
- Rajesh Khanna In Wafa Pakistani
- Rajesh Khanna In Wafa Sab
- Rajesh Khanna Wafa Full Movie
|Real Name||Jatin Khanna|
|Nickname||Kaka, First Indian Super Star|
|Profession||Actor, Producer, Politician|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm|
in meters- 1.73 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 8”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 88 kg|
in Pounds- 194 lbs
|Date of Birth||29 December 1942|
|Date of Death||28 July 2012|
|Age (as on 28 July 2012)||69 Years|
|Birth Place||Amritsar, Punjab, India|
|Place of Death||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Capricorn|
|School||St. Sebastian's Gaon High School, Mumbai|
|College||Nowrosjee Wadia College, Pune|
K.C. College, Mumbai
|Educational Qualifications||B. A.|
|Debut||Film: Aakhri Khat (1966)|
Playback Singing: 'O Mere Sajna, O Mere Balma' in film 'Baharo k Sapne' with Lata Mangeshkar
Political: Rajesh Khanna started campaigning for the Indian National Congress (INC) in 1984.
|Family||Father- Lala Hiranand (Biological Father, Headmaster), Chunnilal Khanna (Adoptive Father)|
Mother- Chandrani Khanna (Biological Mother), Leelawati Khanna (Adoptive Mother)
|Address||Aashirwad, Carter Road, Bandra, Mumbai|
|Hobbies||Reading Horoscope, Cooking|
|Controversies||After Rajesh Khanna's Death, a woman named Anita Advani sent a legal notice to his family claiming a compensation as she stated that she was in a live-in relationship with the deceased.|
|Favourite Actors||Guru Dutt, Dilip Kumar|
|Favourite Actress||Meena Kumari, Geeta Bali|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Anju Mahendru, Fashion designer and Actress (1968-1972)|
Tina Ambani, Actress (1980-1987)
Anita Advani (Rumoured)
|Spouse(s)||Dimple Kapadia, Actress (m. March 1973, div. April 1982)|
|Marriage Date||March 1973|
Daughter- Twinkle Khanna, Interior Designer and Actress
Rinke Khanna, Actress
Some Lesser Known facts About Rajesh Khanna
- Did Rajesh Khanna Smoke : Yes
- Did Rajesh Khanna Drink : Yes
- Super Star Rajesh Khanna was an adopted child. He was adopted by his biological Father’s relative Chunni Lal Khanna, who was very rich.
- Rajesh Khana and Jitendra (Actor) went to St. Sebastian’s Gaon High School together. Also Rajesh Khana helped Jitendra in acting for his first audition.
- Rajesh Khanna owned a MG sports car in early 60’s and used to ride it for the auditions during his struggling period. His father had also bought MG Magnette mark IV, MG Midgit Sports Cars and MG MGA Roadster 1600 model, which he used to drive.
- Rajesh Khanna’s father was against his becoming an actor, even then he participated in a talent contest, organised by Filmfare, which he won among 10,000 participants.
- His first film, ‘Akhri Khat’, was nominated for Oscars and went till final five.
- Rajesh Khanna wanted to marry Anju Mahendru, who was in a relationship with him for 7 years. But she was not ready for marriage, so they parted ways. Interestingly, when Rajesh Khanna was getting married to Dimple Kapadia, while heading to the wedding venue, he went through the same street in which Anju Mahendru lived.
- Rajesh Khanna had played double roles in as many as 12 movies viz. Raaz, Aradhna, Dharm aur Kannon, Kudrat, Sachcha Jhootha, Humshakal, Hum Dono, Unche Log, Mehbooba, Bhola Bhala, Dard, and Mahachor.
- All the movies wherein he acted alongside actress Mumtaz were blockbusters.
- He was the first Bollywood actor to have received the title of a ‘Super Star’ by film critics.
- For almost 3 decades of his career, he appeared in only 20 films, which starred more than one male lead actor.
- Rajesh Khanna used to sit and participate in the presentation and recording of his movie’s solo songs with the music director and Kishor Kumar. Notably, Kishor Kumar had sung most of the songs for Rajesh Khanna.
Rajesh Khanna In Wafa Khan
- He had a huge female fan following. Many of them had even sent him love letters written with blood. In fact, some of them had also got married to his photograph. Thus, he always needed police protection while in public.
- The famous song ‘Roop Tera Mastana’ from the movie Aradhna was filmed in a single shot.
Rajesh Khanna Filmography
- In his 45-year long career, Rajesh Khanna worked in around 180 movies.
- In 1992, Rajesh Khanna won the by-election, which he had lost to L.K. Advani in 1991. He claimed that the other party had cheated to win, so the elections were organised again in 1992. After this victory, he worked for 5 years as an MP and did not work in any movie except ‘Khudai’ (1994).
Today I shall discuss a subject matter related to the super star of 70s and 80s-RAJESH KHANNA. STAR & STYLE Magazine had come out with a topic for controversy (Controversy NO:5) requesting its readers to submit their entries on the following topic:
“IF HE HADN’T MARRIED DIMPLE ,DO YOU THINK RAJESH KHANNA WOULD HAVE LASTED LONGER AS THE SUPER STAR ?”
Rajesh Khanna In Wafa Pakistani
As usual,I had submitted my entry to the magazine on 15th April 1980 ( 29 years ago ).This is what I had written then:
Rajesh Khanna came with assets like a strong emotional appeal,an enigmatic smile,a romantic image and a sense of total involvement in his portrayals.His un-photogenic face and common place looks were his liabilities but they won him masses of fans,who identified themselves in him.Success of ‘Aradhana’,’ Amar Prem,’ Kati Patang’,’Ittefaq’,’Namak Haram’,’Haathi Mere Saathi’, earned him epithets like “The Phenomenon”,”The Super Star”.
Having ridden the popularity horse,he turned egoistic and the horde of ‘yes-men’ made him their meal-ticket.”Kaka”,then a “somebody” ditched “Anju Mahendru” an insignificant starlet—a ‘nobody’.All sympathy was with her,who had been his source of hope and inspiration during his lean days of “Raaz”,”Akhri Khat”,”Baharon Ke Sapne”.
Dimple-Rajesh marriage was a ” she came,he saw, they conquered ” affair ! Dimple thought herself lucky to have hooked the darling of scores of female fans.Rajesh thought the marriage would give an upward boost to his sagging career,However,no miracles took place.”Anurodh”,”Mehbooba” etc bombed at the box-office.
In the long run,on self-analysis ,Rajesh realized that his own follies like irresponsibility,indifferent behavior,frequent flare-ups with Dimple and failure to compromise with changing trends of film-making ( eg multi-starrers) were solely responsible for this set back.
Thus,his marriage with Dimple has got nothing to do with his rise and fall from super-stardom.On the other hand,I feel if Dimple had not married at all,she would have emerged as the sensational super-star of the seventies.In short,the situation is best described as under: (with apologies to Humpty Dumpty)
“Rajesh Khanna sat on the wall,
Rajesh Khanna had a great fall,
His marriage with Dimple,and all his “yes-men”,
Couldn’t put “Kaka” on the pedestal again ! ”
Rajesh has also realized this and seems to have come to terms with realities.There’s a tough task ahead of him,if he hopes to re-capture his ex-status.Best of Luck to him.
J S BROCA
Dear readers, the above letter was not published by the magazine,probably because I had called a spade a spade and the magazine probably did not wish to attract his wrath !
Readers will recall that very recently,Rajesh Khanna had tried to make a come back with a movie titled :”Wafa- A deadly love story’.It was a dud ! Rajesh looked washed, puffy,paunchy…and a mis fit.His effort to comeback has failed miserably.He should realise that he has lost his charisma and his name will not fetch any returns to the producers.He should think of an alternative career—say becoming a professor/faculty member in any acting academy and teach (?) acting to aspirants.
Readers would like to know that Rajesh had married Dimple in 1973.He was 32,she was 16 .The marriage had been termed as ’ cradle snatching’ in the media then.He divorced Dimple in 1984.Dimple made a grand come back in 1985 with “Saagar” which was a super duper hit then.The couple has two daughters.Twinkle and Rinkie.Twinkle is married to actor Akshay Kumar and they have a son named “Aarav”.Rinkie is married to an industrialist named Sameer Saran.On the whole Dimple has been doing better compared to Rajesh.She has been quite selective and has done meaningful roles off and on.
For those who would like to know more about Rajesh Khanna ,they may go to the following link:
For those who would love to know about Dimple should go to:
HAPPY VIEWING !!
Rajesh Khanna In Wafa Sab
If you wish to listen to a lovely song from Mere Jeevan Saathi picturies on Rajesh and Tanuja,then go to or click on the following link: