The Steam Operating System ('SteamOS') is a collection of various pieces of software, such as the operating system executable code, embedded software, firmware, fonts. Sep 02, 2020 Join the Steam Community. Meet new people, join game groups, form clans, chat in-game and more! With over 100 million potential friends (or enemies), the fun never stops.
As featured in:
Instantly access to your favorite games
We have thousands of games from Action to Indie and everything in-between. Enjoy exclusive deals, automatic game updates and other great perks.
Join the Steam Community
Meet new people, join game groups, form clans, chat in-game and more! With over 100 million potential friends (or enemies), the fun never stops.
Create and Share Content
Gift your friends, trade items, and even create new content for games in the Steam Workshop. Help shape the future of your favorite games.
Automatic game updates
Hunting for patches and downloading from unorganized web sites is so twentieth-century. On Steam, your games stay up-to-date by themselves. No hassles.
Whether you’re on a PC, Mac, Linux box, mobile device, or even your television, you can enjoy the benefits of Steam. Take the fun with you.
Available on PC, Mac, and Linux
We offer a catalog of PC, Mac, and Linux games, many of which support Steam Play so you can buy once and play anywhere, and Cross-Platform Multiplayer so you can play with all your friends, no matter where they log in
- Added support for EA Play
- Fixed acquiring free DLC from Steam store using in-game overlay web browser
- Fixed bug that could cause Steam to crash at shutdown time
- Fixed runaway memory usage in steamwebhelper process when a corrupt proxy auto-config script is encountered
- Fixed bug that could cause Steam to hang at shutdown time
- Fixed game installation failing in certain cases when creating symbolic links
- Fixed Steam client account button formatting incorrectly when Steam Wallet balance changes
- Fixed a possible crash in Steam Overlay when taking screenshots in DOOM: Eternal
- Fixed Download Region being forced to “Argentina” in certain circumstances
- Fixed Steam client window initially showing as translucent rectangle when opened on a secondary display set to a different DPI value than the primary display
- Improved updating game content when disk space is low and another Steam library folder on a different disk is available
- Improved handling of game launches from executables or other launchers. This fixes several issues including the game not receiving the Big Picture version of the overlay even if Big Picture is active
- Improved sorting for games with non-English titles
- Added the ability to dismiss a Play Next library suggestion
- Added Steam Points Shop link on supported games
- Added ability to grant Community Awards to Activity and Community feed content
- Stop displaying entries in a game's activity feed for friends that have been unfriended or blocked
- Games with manuals will now include a link to the manual in the Additional Content section of their game details page
- Fixed an error where some tracks with localized Japanese names would show the international name instead of the localized name when running in Japanese
- Fixed errors with the display format and ordering of tracks with metadata when using the built-in music player
- Improved support for track, album, and artist metadata extraction from all supported audio formats
- Fixed an issue where Switch Controllers could lock up in games that send rumble off commands each frame
- Added an implementation of Jibb Smart’s Flick Stick. To use bind the right joystick to Flick Stick and the Gyro to Mouse.
- Added Flick Stick template configurations for PS4 and Nintendo Switch controllers
- Added support for using Flick Stick and Mouse Joystick modes with Steam Input API games
- Fixed 'Clear Download Cache' action having no effect
- Fixed a regression with transparent visual selection for SteamOS overlays and on-screen keyboard causing invalid rendering on NVIDIA configurations
- Fixed “STOP” button in the Library having no effect for non-Steamworks titles
- Fixed localization placeholder string appearing on the game launch dialog during Vulkan shader processing
- Fixed a bug where Vulkan shader processing could sometimes get stuck
- Reduced Vulkan shader processing memory usage with the AMD radv driver
- Updated fonts to fix vertical alignment
- Steam runtime 0.20200720.0
- pressure-vessel: bring host VDPAU and VA-API drivers into the container
- pressure-vessel: Improve mechanisms for comparing runtime libraries with host
- pressure-vessel: Choose a correct libgcc_s.so.1 and libxcb.so.1 for newer runtimes
Vulkan Shader Pre-Caching
- Fixed processing progress indicator display on game launch
- Now processes local source pipeline database on driver update
- Added check to automatically set SteamVR as the default OpenXR runtime if it is installed and nothing else is already set as the OpenXR runtime.
- Added check to automatically enable access to SteamVR from app containers (such as Chrome sandboxed processes and UWP apps.)
- Removed sending duplicate lobby game data to the Steam backend for newer Steamworks titles
Recent Steam Client news
Steam Zip File
Uplay is Ubisoft's PC games portal, where you can find all their games.
Blizzard Battle.net is an Internet-based online gaming, social networking, digital distribution, and digital rights management platform developed by Blizzard Entertainment.
Download Origin to play anywhere, challenge friends, explore exciting new games, and stay connected to the Origin community.
Steam Zip Folder
Popular apps in Gaming