Download 'The United States of Amnesia' da Amazon. There are degrees of amnesia, ways to forget Ways to remember all the good that you've done And if you can't get a witness remind yourselves Nobody's just perfectly good all the time And if you killed all those redskins long, long ago. Gore Vidal once jokingly described America as “the United States of Amnesia.” Underlying the joke was a serious critique – America’s failure as a nation was caused by its refusal to recall and learn from its past. “We learn nothing because we remember nothing,” said the acerbic writer and commentator. Download Amnesia.NET for free. An enterprise strength distributed caching framework for.NET Applications.
|Gore Vidal: The United States of Amnesia|
|Directed by||Nicholas D. Wrathall|
|Produced by||Nicholas Wrathall, Michael Barnett, Andrew Kortschak, Walter Kortschak, Burr Steers|
|Music by||Ian Honeyman|
|Cinematography||Joel Schwarzburg, Derek Weidenhahn, Armando Death|
|Edited by||Suresh Ayyar, Rob Bralver, William Haugse|
Amnesia Productions, Audax Films, End Cue, SuperFilms!
|Distributed by||IFC Films|
Gore Vidal: The United States of Amnesia is a 2013 documentary film about the life and career of author Gore Vidal. It premiered at Tribeca Film Festival in 2013.
The film is a commentary on Vidal's professional and personal life, and the impact he had in art and politics. It includes exclusive interviews with Vidal, as well as figures such as Burr Steers and Christopher Hitchens.
On review aggregatorRotten Tomatoes, the film holds an approval rating of 83% based on 29 reviews, with an average rating of 6.89/10. On Metacritic, the film has a weighted average score of 72 out of 100, based on 14 critics, indicating 'generally favvorable reviews'.
The film won the award of Best International Documentary Film at the 2014 Byron Bay Film Festival.
- Audience Award - Palm Springs International Film Festival
- Best Documentary - 16th United Nations Association Film Festival
- Tribeca Film Festival (2013)
- Aspen Film Festival (2013)
- Traverse City Film Festival (2013)
- 16th United Nations Association Film Festival (2013)
- ^'Tribeca: 'Gore Vidal: The United States of Amnesia' Trailer Hits the Web (Video)'. The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 20 May 2020.
- ^van Syckle, Katie (April 20, 2013). 'Gore Vidal: The United States of Amnesia Premieres at Tribeca Film Festival'. Rolling Stone.
- ^ abcdefgh'Gore Vidal: The United States of Amnesia'. gorevidaldocumentary.com.
- ^'Gore Vidal: The United States of Amnesia'. Rotten Tomatoes.
- ^'Gore Vidal: The United States of Amnesia'. Metacritic.
- ^'Celebs descend on Byron Bay for BBFF 2014 Closing Weekend and Awards'(PDF). Byron Bay Film Festival. March 10, 2014. Archived from the original(PDF) on December 26, 2014.
- Gore Vidal: The United States of Amnesia on IMDb