XInput supports only 'next generation' controllers. This limits it basically to controllers for the Xbox 360 that also have Windows drivers. Legacy Windows controllers, joysticks and generalized force-feedback devices are not supported. XInput supports a maximum of four controllers at a time. This is an Xbox limit, carried over to Windows. “Xbox 360 Controller Emulator” allows your controller (gamepad, joystick, steering wheel, pedals, etc.) to function as an Xbox 360 controller. It allows you to remap buttons and axes and to drive cars with Steering Wheel and Pedals or to fly planes with Joystick and Throttle in games like “Grand Theft Auto”, “Mafia” or “Saints Row”. TCG guides you through xinput setup in Cemu 1.9.0 step by step. Use your Xbox controller to play your favorite Wii U games on PC using Cemu, the leading Wii. 'XInput' redirects here. For the X Window System XInput extension, see X Window System protocols and architecture. In computing, DirectInput is a legacy Microsoft API for collecting input from a computer user, via input devices such as the mouse, keyboard, or a gamepad.Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to Install xinput?Just get the rpm from aspirants.everywebhost.com and run the following command
Login as root
# rpm -ivh xinput-5.0-1.i386.rpm
thats it now you can type xinput to run it.
2. Can I add my own keymaps without changing the software.No.Customization support is not yet added in xinput.It is expected in verion 6.0
continuous development is going on xinput. so don't bother. this support will be added in next
3. Can I modify source code ?Yes. Xinput is free software released Under GNU/GPL license that gives you right to modify
and distribute.you just have to attach the original copyright notice before distributing.
4. What is meant by xinput runs at system level?Xinput runs at system level means that xinput is not an application specific.that means if u run
xinput it grabs the keyboard and becomes effective in any window that is in focus.
5. Does it supports Right to left scripts ?
Yes. it supports Arabic and Urdu. But these are at experimental level in version 5.0
6. Why Xinput Supports Unicode ?
Unicode is 16-bit character set which is natively supported by most of the linux distro.Unicode covers
all major indian languages.Also indian language content created using unicode is searchable on internet or intranet.
thats why unicode was the only choice for xinput.
for more information about Unicode visit http://www.unicode.org
7. Does Xinput supports 8-bit character sets like ISCI, ISFOC etc ... ?
No. xinput works only for Unicode text.
8. can I convert content created with ISCII or ISFOC encoding to Unicode ?
Yes you can. but xinput does not support any text conversion right now. There
are solutions exist for such coversion but xinputs primary purpose was to give input
9. Any competitions in this area ?currently xinput is the only input method solution for indian languges which includes
all the languages and various input schemes like INSCRIPT,PHONETIC,ITRANS.
few of solutions are exist listed below
What Is Xinput
INSCRIPT for All languages by IndLinux http://www.indlinux.org PHONETIC for devanagari named Bolnagari