In this tutorial you will learn how to install and run Xming X11 server for Windows via Putty
Download xming for windows XP 32 bit for free. Internet & Network tools downloads - Xming by StraightRunning.com and many more programs are available for instant and free download.
- The first step is to install an X Server. There are already a lot of X Server apps for windows you can choose from. Maybe the most popular and up-to-date software is the VcXsrv Windows X Server. Unfortunately, that didn’t work. Next, I tried the Xming X Server for Windows, and even though the free version of this software hasn’t been.
- Download the latest version of Xming! Xming is one of the TOP-10 software products on our website and featured as one of the best titles in Network for Windows PC.
- Direct download (0.70 - 32 bit): File:Putty32bit.zip
- Direct download (0.70 - 64 bit): File:Putty64bit.zip
- Website: https://www.putty.org/
- Direct download (184.108.40.206): File:Xming-6-9-0-31-setup.zip
There is not installation required to run Putty. Just extract the archive listed above and run the executable.
To install Xming follow the steps below:
- Download the link above for Xming
- Run the executable (you might need to run as Administrator)
- During installation, when asked what profile to use, use the one that incorporates 'Putty'
Note: The above was tested using Windows 10
To setup Putty to use Xming as the X11 server run the following :
- Open Putty
- Enable X11 by clicking 'Enable X11 forwarding' in the Catorgoris menue on the left
- Category --> Connection --> SSH --> X11
- Click 'Enable X11 forwarding'
- Connect like normal
The X Window System, also known as X11 (the current version), is a software application that was developed to be able to provide Unix systems with a GUI (Graphical User Interface), and if you want to be able to use this kind of system from a computer that uses the Microsoft operating system, the best idea is to use Xming.
This Microsoft Windows native program is a complete X Window server that has the peculiarity of being able to work perfectly as a portable X Window server due to how light it is.
Install the simplest X server for Windows
The program is rather easy to use, because it includes a launching program that will help the user during the full configuration process, with the possibility to choose between several window options, and even allowing you to work with various screens at the same time.
At the same time, Xming also offers more detailed configurations for advanced users that are used to working with this kind of system.
Xming X Server For Windows 64 Bit Download Windows
Therefore, if you need an X Window server for your Windows computer, download and install Xming, it's free.